Terms and Conditions
APN ARM - Free Photo $100 Giveaway
1. These terms and conditions relate to the Free Photo $100 Giveaway (competition).
2. The promoter of the Competition is APN Newspapers Pty Ltd, 5/100 Brookes Street, Fortitude Valley Qld 4006 (ABN 21 009 657 943), Telephone number: (07) 3327 3304 (Promoter). Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Authorised under Permit NSW/LTPS/16/09009.
3. By purchasing a classified ad with a free photo, (as defined in Clause 6) you accept these Competition Terms and Conditions, and Finda Terms and Conditions at http://www.finda.com.au/lc-ad-terms-conditions/
4. At all times, any participant has the option of opting out of the Free Photo $100 Giveaway. Advertisers can write or email the Promoter at the address shown (see Clause 2) to request they take up the opt-out option.
5. If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to the Competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
6. Subject to clause 10 inclusive, entry to the Competition is open to, and automatic for all purchasers (Contestants) of any classified ad placed on the self-service platform with a bonus photo, in the publications outlined in Clause 15.
7. Persons authorised to purchase advertising on behalf of a business/Company must be 18 years and older and an Australian resident.
8. The following persons are ineligible to enter the competition:
· Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
· The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), off such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household).
· Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal name change.
9. Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has awarded prizes to an ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
10. Subject to these Terms and Conditions, when a participant purchases the Classified Ad with bonus Photo (photo cost normally $25.00 incl. of GST) during the Promotion Period, the Contestant automatically receives one (1) free entry into Competition.
11. Classifieds must be in one of the following categories:
- Notices, Motoring, Real Estate or Buy & Sell.
12. All contestants are eligible for one (1) free entry in the competition for each classifieds ad they purchase.
13. For the avoidance of doubt, classified advertisements will be charged at the prevailing market value of the ad throughout the promotion.
14. Entries that contain any incorrect personal information or contact details of the Contestant will be deemed invalid entries and will not be eligible.
15. Participating daily ARM Newspapers are:
· Northern Star - Lismore
· NewsMail - Bundaberg
· Fraser Coast Chronicle – Wide Bay
· Sunshine Coast Daily – Sunshine Coast
· The Chronicle - Toowoomba
16. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or for any delays or failure in any telecommunications service or equipment.
17. The Promoter may reject an entry if it reasonably forms the opinion that the Entry has been gained using false information or via automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
18. The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare an Entry made by a Contestant invalid if the contestant tampers with the entry process, benefits from such tampering or submits an Entry that is illegible, incomplete or not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
TAXES AND DELIVERY COSTS
19. Any taxes and delivery costs which may be payable as a consequence of the Contestant taking part in the promotion is the sole responsibility of that Contestant.
20. Individual Contestants should seek advice from a suitably qualified tax professional about the applicable tax implications for them.
21. Classifieds that are purchased within the Promotion Period will be deemed as eligible for their free entry (see Clause 22). Competition commences November 28, 2016 and closes at 11:59pm (AEST) Sunday December 25, 2016 (‘Promotion Period’). Classifieds purchased outside the promotion period will not be deemed eligible for free entries.
22. Each competition week begins Mondays 12:01am (AEST) and closes Sundays at 11:59pm (AEST).
Week 1 – commences Monday November 28, 2016 and closes Sunday December 4, 2016.
Week 2 – commences Monday December 5, 2016 and closes Sunday December 11, 2016.
Week 3 – commences Monday December 12, 2016 and closes Sunday December 18, 2016.
Week 4 – commences Monday December 19, 2016 and closes Sunday December 25, 2016.
23. Each week there will be one (1) contestant chosen from entries in each Newspaper site listed as the winners via a random draw (listing at Clause 15).
24. One (1) $100.00 Coles Gift Card for the winner of each site (5 winners in total) weekly.
25. Total weekly value of prizes is $500.00 (inclusive of GST).
26. The total maximum retail value of the prize pool is $2,000.00 (inclusive of GST).
27. There will be one (1) contestant randomly drawn from all contestants entered for each newspaper (see clause 14) each week at 4:00pm AEST.
· Draw 1 – Monday, December 5, 2016.
· Draw 2 – Monday December 12, 2016.
· Draw 3 – Monday December 19, 2016.
· Draw 4 – Wednesday January 4, 2017.
28. Each random draw will take place at APN Newspapers, 3/100 Brookes Street, Fortitude Valley Qld 4006.
29. The winners will be contacted within 2 days of the draw by telephone and email.
30. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
31. Upon validation and verification of the winning entries, the winners will be contacted after the draw.
32. The winner’s details will be published as follows:
· Draw 1 – Wednesday, December 7, 2016.
· Draw 2 – Wednesday, December 14, 2016.
· Draw 3 – Wednesday, December 21, 2016.
· Draw 4 – Friday January 6, 2017.
33. The winners will be advised by the Promoter on how and when their prize will be provided to them.
34. Prize winners must collect their prize from their local newspaper office, (refer listing Clause 14).
35. If the specified prizes becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
36. Any winner must complete a Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
37. All prizes (unless otherwise specified) must be picked up within 90 days of notification as per these terms and conditions. Prizes that remain uncollected will be entered into an uncollected prize redraw as per these terms and conditions. Redraw winners will be contacted within 2 days of the redraw.
38. It is the sole responsibility of the winners to claim their prize.
PROMOTER LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
39. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for:
· (i) Any error, omission, interruption or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by The Promoter or any Contestant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise;
· ii) Any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications;
· iii) Any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition;
· iv) Any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise);
· v) Any delay in delivery, or failure of safe delivery of the Prize.
40. All of the Promoter’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into. If for any reason any element of the Prize becomes unavailable or not capable of being delivered to the Winner for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter will have no obligation to provide a similar prize to the Winner or otherwise compensate the Winner in any way.
41. All Contestants enter the competition at their own risk and the Winner accepts the Prize at his or her own risk. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (“the Relevant Parties”) exclude all liability for and indemnify the Promoter in respect of any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Contestant in connection with the Competition or Prize, including, without limitation:
i) Any indirect, economic or consequential loss;
ii) Any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party;
iii) Any liability for personal injury or death.
42. All Contestants consent, by entering the Competition to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in any media at any time or times without compensation, financial or otherwise, for the purpose of promoting this Competition, the Promoter and/or any of the Promoter’s products and services.
43. If for any reason the conduct or operation of the Competition is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), subject to any relevant lotteries and gaming authority regulations, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend or recommence the Competition.
44. The Contestant acknowledges and permits the Promoter during and after the Competition to collect, store, handle, access, manage, transfer, uses and disclose personal information about the Contestant, including name, suburb, age and image, in connection with the Content. This includes transmission outside of Australia.
45. The Contestant may revoke its consent to this clause at any time upon written notice to the Promoter at the address shown in Clause 2, however existing uses of the images and recordings will not be impacted by this revocation or withdrawal of consent;
46. The Promoter may contact the Contestant for any reason related to the Competition or other activities of the Promoter.