Parkside is a family owned; Queensland based Hardwood Sawmilling Company which prides
themselves in state of the art production of decorative, structural and joinery hardwood products.
Currently we are seeking applications for experienced Logging Supervisor to source private
logging areas to service our hardwood sawmilling operations.
About the role:
This is a full time role and the Supervisor will be required to regularly travel throughout the Western and South East
Queensland area. The work involves sourcing private logging areas to service the Wondai, Wandoan and Theodore mills,
supervising logging contractors; maintain sales permit conditions through compliance with codes of practices,
and log grade quality, safety compliance, and general work standards.
• Private/Free Hold log purchasing
• Liaise with Graziers on all matters associated with managing sale areas
• Sale area inspection
• Experience in Forestry and or Logging Operations is essential
• Ability to identify tree species and grade
• Knowledge of the Native Timber Industry
• Understanding of government legislation with regard to Private Property Harvesting is desirable
• Qualifications in Forestry and Logging Operations will be highly regarded
• Ability to read and follow maps
• Solid understanding of land tenure
• Good communication skills, computer literacy is essential
• Weekly travel will be required. Successful applicant must be able to work as far as Injune in the West to Gympie in the East.
• A current C class driver’s license and off road driving skills.
What we can offer:
• Competitive salary
• Accommodation, vehicle, phone and forestry tools supplied
How to apply:
If you have what it takes to be a Logging Supervisor, we would like to hear from you.
Applications including a covering letter and resume should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Supervision of contractors in near and remote areas
• Operational Harvesting Plan Assessment
• South East and Western log grading
• Ongoing training and development
• Secure ongoing permanent employment